Sunday, July 13, 2008
The Resilient Child: Seven Essential Lessons for Your Child's Happiness and Success
by George S. Everly
The most important and compelling information this book provides, is what it calls the seven essential lessons that every person should learn. The lessons, which are each presented as a chapter in the book are:
1) The Value of Friends, Mentors, and the Support of Others
2) The Three Most Difficult Decisions
3) Teach Your Children to Take Responsibility for Their Actions
4) Making the Most Important Investment of a Lifetime: Invest in Your Health
5) Learn the Power of Optimism
6) The Importance of Faith
7) Follow a Moral Compass and Cultivate Integrity
In order to write this review, I was going to choose the one which I thought to be the most important. I found that I was unable to choose.
In a simple, clear and concise manner, this book explains to parents who feel that they are floundering without a manual to raise this little person, that very guide. In a non-judgmental way it suggests how to implement these lessons and make them a part of life.
This is going to be on my list of favorite things to give new parents. I will be sure to tell them that these are the instructions that should have been included at birth